cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kschrantz
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey folks. there was a post a few years ago about adding a relationship to an asset during the import process and I believe it said it was on the list of customer requests (https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst8267_Import-Assets---Relationships.aspx#post34241)
did anything come of this?
reason I ask is... I am about to import 1500 ipads and 2000 iphones into the system and already have the "owner" of said devices in the csv file (pulled from another system). I don't see any fields in the template to look like they would correspond to a relationship
Alternatively, does someone have the magic SQL that would let me create the relationship based off said csv, in bulk?
15 REPLIES 15
MarcinSki
Engaged Sweeper II
+1
StephanieCDA
Engaged Sweeper III
Another +1
B_L_
Engaged Sweeper III
+1
LTrainer
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper team, this is important to me as well. Asset management systems should be able to track asset owners.

Do you have an update on the status of this request?
davidk7050
Engaged Sweeper
I also would like to import relationships. I could not find this wish on your wishlist though. Can you post the link here so we can "like" it? How do you determine which features to work on? Does "like" equal a vote for that feature?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The request you've linked is still on our customer wishlist but has not been implemented yet unfortunately. We've added you to the list of customers interested in this addition. Unfortunately, though, as we have over 10 000 customers we do need to prioritize new features based on a lot of factors. At this moment we don't have an estimated release date for this functionality.

As a workaround, to at least get the data into your database, you could use one of the asset custom fields in the import template for this. Asset custom fields can be configured under Configuration\Asset Pages.