cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbasinge
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there anyway to import MIB for snap devices? I have some MIB files for an Sinology NAS that I would like to add to my lansweeper install. Anyway to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Custom OID scanning has now been included in Lansweeper 7!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Custom OID scanning has now been included in Lansweeper 7!
RichFinch
Engaged Sweeper
It looks like you can add OID's under Configuration -> Asset Mapping, Scroll to bottom. Im having some issues scanning a device, but it seems the feature is there
RichFinch wrote:
It looks like you can add OID's under Configuration -> Asset Mapping, Scroll to bottom. Im having some issues scanning a device, but it seems the feature is there

You can add a general device OID, but the MIB file is what maps specific functions to specific OID substrings.

I hope this is still on the to-do list for Lansweeper. I'm running into quite a few network devices these days that are providing MIB files for snmp monitoring, but Lansweeper doesn't see anything but basic information, and still no way to import MIB's after 3+ years of requests for this.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
This is something that we would like to have also, mainly for our network gear.
bgstein
Engaged Sweeper
We are another paying customer that would really value this.
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We are indeed aware of the high demand for this feature and the benefits it would bring to the Lansweeper software. We tag all incoming tickets about this feature as a feature request to add weight to this. But we aren't able to provide you with an estimated release date at this time.
MikeMiller
Engaged Sweeper II
With all the medical devices we have, being able to import the MIB would be a great value to us. I would love to see this implemented soon.
joe_user
Engaged Sweeper III
Must have MIB import to properly inventory our Aerohives.

Are wishlist items weighted by how far-reaching the impact would be? I understand that weight might be given to the number of customers requesting a feature divided by some factor of difficulty to develop. However, without MIB import, significant portions of infrastructure aren't visible. Perhaps a multiplier should be impact to community, and, in this case, it would seem to be a significant potential marketing angle: "single pane of glass for infrastructure visibility" and all that.

Just think, with MIB import support, if you also got together with Paessler for an integration #wakesUpFromDream
rarmstrong
Engaged Sweeper II
joe_user wrote:
Must have MIB import to properly inventory our Aerohives.

Are wishlist items weighted by how far-reaching the impact would be? I understand that weight might be given to the number of customers requesting a feature divided by some factor of difficulty to develop. However, without MIB import, significant portions of infrastructure aren't visible. Perhaps a multiplier should be impact to community, and, in this case, it would seem to be a significant potential marketing angle: "single pane of glass for infrastructure visibility" and all that.

Just think, with MIB import support, if you also got together with Paessler for an integration #wakesUpFromDream

Yes, yes, yes. PRTG and Lansweeper would be an awesome alliance. We have both... if they could talk to each other.... WOW...