cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Let's say I have Flash, Reader, and Shockwave with each it's own package. Let's say I want to make an Adobe package that installs all three. Right now I have to reproduce what I am doing with the three individual packages in one package. Now let's say I need to make a change to the install if Reader. I will have to make the change to any and all packages that install Reader(Reader package, Adobe package, and maybe an all software package).

It would be awesome to create a package that runs other packages. So I create an all Adobe package and the steps are to run the other packages.

This would be so nice.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
ThorstenS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, also for me to setup a specific installation order this would be really helpfull. Sometimes you need to install first one type of software before the next part can be installed (AddOns are not possible to be installed before the main software is there). I don't want to create reports and after schedule something. If we install new machines, we have a number of software we have to deploy. It's annoying to install all packages one-by-one.

Please enable the deployment package to reference an existing package to create a deployment set; or a deployment queue would also fit our needs (an on-demand referenced deployment packages).

Thanks in advance.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Thanks Professor. This is something that, in my opinion, is a MUST. For us to be able to create 40 software install packages and be able to create one package for a lab which includes 6 software and NOT have to redo the installs is huge. We have some software that requires 5 steps to install and to have to redo that if it needs to be in 4 labs is a waste of time.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
This feature is still on our customer wish list. Features on the customer wish list get development prioritization based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such I can unfortunately not give an estimated release date when this update may get released. 

If you want to keep an eye on the new features and changes made to Lansweeper you can view our changelog here: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx
software1
Engaged Sweeper
Bump. I'm looking for this exact option. Still not available?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Requested by a few other customers, but we don't have a release date for this. You could create reports for machines missing Adobe Flash, Reader or Shockwave and then perform scheduled deployments on those reports, with individual packages for Flash, Reader and Shockwave. That way Lansweeper would automatically install whatever's missing.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now