cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
So... I have a number of Android devices on my network - the Scanner does find them, but gets no detail from them. (merely id'ing them as Network Devices with name android-3332a2de8320a685.Home or similar....

I've tried some SNMP Agents from Google Play, but got nowhere - any ideas?

Is there a Lansweeper agent for Android (and/or ios)?

Argon0
7 REPLIES 7
CaslRobens
Engaged Sweeper

That's a bummer, but don't worry, I've got some ideas that might help. Have you tried using an SNMP agent specifically designed for Android devices? There are a few on the Google Play Store that might do the trick. If you're looking for a more comprehensive solution, though, I'd recommend checking out Smart Engines. They offer some automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR. As for a Lansweeper agent for Android and iOS, I don't think one exists at the moment. But you could reach out to their support team and see if they have any plans for developing one in the future.

Rodney_Stowell
Engaged Sweeper II
I myself would love to have this as the company I work for uses RF android based scanners and I really need to be able to track my assets just as easily as i track pcs, printers and servers. I am able to use Ivanti Avalanche for a lot of this but really think this would be a amazing add to your software. We are spending extra money that could be coming to your guys for this and would make Lansweeper more of an all in one. Just a though but please add me to the wish list as well.
it_solvesystem
Engaged Sweeper
Just to inform, in my case. I would like it for firm's mobiles.

One more user to include on whishlist requests lol...
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thanks for the link, I've forwarded it to our developers, it may come in handy.
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
Oh, here is one of the studies: https://www.scss.tcd.ie/~mcglink/lectures/CS7012/notes/previous_example_project.pdf

Argon0
Champion Sweeper
Thanks for getting back to swiftly. I'd already come to the same conclusion.

I did look at adding an SNMP agent to my Android devices, but couldn't get that to work - there are a couple of technical studies where people have created and used an SNMP agent on Android, but none (of the three) agents I could find on Play store worked....

Argon0
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper can scan devices that have one of the protocols listed in this article available. Both Android and iOS devices are pretty locked down unfortunately and can't be contacted through any of these protocols. The Android devices that have been scanned in your environment were likely within the same subnet as your scanning server itself. Due to this the MAC address of these devices will have been retrieved from the ARP table of your Lansweeper server. An IP address and MAC address are enough to automatically generate an asset page. For now, the only way to pick up these devices if outside of your Lansweeper server's subnet would be to go to Scanning\Scanning Target and checking the Save Pinged IP option for the IP Range scanning target that covers these devices. This will generate a basic asset page that can be manually completed.

Scanning both iOS and Android devices is something that's already on our wishlist, though this isn't yet in active development. It would likely require some kind of scanning app to be installed on the devices. I've moved this topic to the wishlist section of our forums in this context. At this moment we don't have an estimated release date for this feature.