cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsattler
Engaged Sweeper
We would like to create two or more assets with the same IP address (e.g. on stock as spare). Is there an asset state or another way we can do so? When we create the second item with the same IP address, LANSweeper shows a conflict with the IP address. Only way we found so far, is to create the items in one go via "mass Import"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume you're manually creating non-Windows assets here. Non-Windows assets will be uniquely identified within Lansweeper by using their IP address if no MAC address was entered, more on that here. Entering the device's MAC addresses when you manually create them should allow you to reuse the same IP address.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tsattler
Engaged Sweeper
I created the assets with unique mac adresses but lansweeper merged them anyways. Even after inserting the mac adresses to the blacklist. Any other ideas how to avoid the asset merging?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume you're manually creating non-Windows assets here. Non-Windows assets will be uniquely identified within Lansweeper by using their IP address if no MAC address was entered, more on that here. Entering the device's MAC addresses when you manually create them should allow you to reuse the same IP address.