cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
While deploying a package we have about a dozen nodes that return the following error:
Unexpected failure while connecting to Asset. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

We are on Version 6.0.100.29
and all the nodes that we are pushing to are Windows 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
erodriguez wrote:
I know this is an old post but how did this get resolved. I am having the same issue. Although once in a while my deployment goes through. Been dealing with support and everything seems to checkout. Not sure what to do at this point. Please advise.

To get back on the topic of this thread: I've seen object reference errors thrown during deployments in cases where the RemoteDeployment_x64.exe file that gets written to the local computer during deployments is not accessible. This can be due to a firewall, anti-virus, etc. This file gets written to the C:\Windows\LsDeployment folder during the deployment process.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
The Connection Tester comes back without any errors, including the last 2 checks but deployments continue to Object Reference error. Is there anything else we might look at? We have deployed the same package to a few 100 other windows boxes with the same hardware and os build.
thanks ...

Checking C$ Access
Deployment Folder: OK
Access Rights: OK

Checking Task Scheduler
Task was successfully scheduled
Task ran successfully

Task Deleted
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The error you're receiving on these assets is unfortunately quite a generic null point reference error. I'd recommend checking if the assets in question meet the deployment requirements.

To verify this you can run testconnection.exe which can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server. Run the tester directly from your Lansweeper server towards the NetBIOS name of the assets you're getting this error on, using your scanning credentials. The last 2 checks run by the tester need to succeed (c$ and task scheduler check) to be able to deploy on the computer.