cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
I've attached the deployment package I'm attempting to use to uninstall CCleaner from PCs. I've tried various combinations of quoting styles due to the space in the path and run modes. I keep getting:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXX). ShareCredential: (XXXX). Command: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe /s

I've copied that command out to my local PC and it successfully executes, but I do get a UAC prompt. Is the UAC prompt my issue?
9 REPLIES 9
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst15403_CCleaner-Uninstaller.aspx#post51994
Gharrison
Engaged Sweeper
I'm attaching my unistall deployment package that I used to remove ccleaner off about 10 machines that had it installed on them. The package is one step with a command of "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst" /S

Change the file extension from .txt to .xml to import into lansweeper.
warlock1663
Engaged Sweeper
hey Mike, can you give it to me directly? Im not sure if that is allowed. I work for a county and we have quite a few machines to get this off of.
warlock1663
Engaged Sweeper
You would think they would approve this one fast since the update could be so dangerous.
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
It doesn't look like it. I'm still waiting for the forum moderator.
warlock1663
Engaged Sweeper
Is the package available yet?
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
Apparently, my comment when I marked it as resolved didn't make it.

I needed to put the quotes around the program path, excluding the options.

I put a completed version of the deployment package in the right part of the forum, pending moderator approval.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your command requires any confirmation, you won't be able to deploy it remotely. You'll need a parameter combination that's fully silent and unattended.

You could try disabling UAC first on a computer and then try to deploy, to see if the failure is caused by UAC or not.
Carles_Mallarac
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

how do I use the "uninstall - CCleaner.txt" file to uninstall CCleaner?

Regards,

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now