cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madorable
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, Lansweeper Support Team

Why a specific kb***** ( A Microsoft Security Update)cannot be detected by lansweeper in our report for a few computers
but for other computers, it can be seen and detected properly.

By the way, the computer having a particular KB***** installed in actual but not detected by lansweeper is able to meet the following:
1. No trust relationship issue and dns issue.
2. Remote administration is allowed in firewall.
3. WMI seems to work properly

I am just confused why the lansweeper cannot detect this particular KB**** while others can.
I can scan the computer properly and deploy packages. When I remove an application program such as adobe reader in client, lansweeper can see it removed already after re-scanning. Why this particular kb**** is not visible to others
for some reason?

Anyone could help me figure this out and I will appreciate it very much.

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
madorable
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, David

Result is "No Instance(s) Available". It means that WMI is not seeing installed updates. Anyway, I found the fix.

This has something to do with servicing that needs to be corrected using Microsoft system update readiness tool.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Myk A.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Microsoft hotfix KBs tend to be cumulative, with newer ones replacing older ones. It is possible that a hotfix KB has been replaced with a newer KB on your Windows computer itself and if you are not filtering on the KB, in your report, that has replaced the hotfix KB, it will no longer be given back in the output of your report. Some additional reasons for false positive results are:
  • The item 'Quickfix' has not been scanned recently on the computers in question. Going to Assets\Windows and clicking the Rescan Assets button in the left-hand pane will override scan intervals and rescan all items for all your Windows computers. This scan may take a while to complete. Do note that computers with scanning errors can also appear in the report output.
  • If the information on the asset page appears to be incorrect and the Quickfix item has been recently scanned for this computer, you can run the command below in an elevated CMD on the Windows 7 laptop to cross reference with what is stored in WMI for the computers. The output of the command will be stored in lansweeperwmi.txt which will be written to the folder from which the command is run in CMD.
wmic path Win32_QuickFixEngineering >lansweeperwmi.txt

If the issue still persists and you are able to retrieve the KB you are after on the Windows computer itself, could you please send in an email to support@lansweeper.com. This way we can provide you with specific troubleshooting steps and ask for additional information if needed.