cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockermann
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm trying to copy a file with no extension (perfc) to the windows folder on remote PCs. I'm using a robocopy command that works fine in other deployment packages, but with this one I get the following error in the log:

Result: Deployment ended: The directory cannot be removed. Stop(Failure). Credential: (halquist\perryh). ShareCredential: (lansweep).
Command: robocopy \\server\Installers\perfc C:\Windows

I'm not sure if the problem is that there is no extension or a permissions issue writing to the Windows folder. I've tried installing with both 'scanning credentials' which is an admin account, and with 'Currently Logged In' and get the same results.

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Rockermann
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks... I guess I could try adding a '.txt' extension to the file, copying it over, then using a second step to rename the file. I'll have to do some experimenting. Thanks for the input...
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
According to the syntax of your current robocopy command, you're not specifying a file, and \\servers\installers\perfc will be read as a folder path. When no file is specified, robocopy automatically fills in *.* for the file name. This means that currently the robocopy command is looking for all files within the "\\servers\installers\perfc" folder.

For more information on the robocopy syntax you can check out this article. I'm not entirely sure if robocopy will be able to deal with files without an extension.