cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thmtech
Engaged Sweeper
To All:

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the Scanning Credential entries passwords using an API or script without having to enter the web interface? We have an automated privileged password management solution that I would like to integrate with the Lansweeper credentials throughout our organization.

Thanks in advance!
Terry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Your scanning credentials are stored in your database using a salted hash, encrypted using file encryption using the local encryption file unique to your Lansweeper installation. It's unfortunately not possible or very difficult to replicate this using an upgrade script. The same would be true for an API, though we currently only offer an API for the helpdesk module.

Integration with 3rd party password manager has been requested before recently and is already on our customer wishlist. I've added your feedback to our internal feature tracking system in this context and have moved this topic to the wishlist section. At this moment in time this feature is not yet in active development, so I'm not able to guarantee that it will be added and can't provide an estimated release date.

If you have any additional feedback to add in the context of a password management feature feel free to add it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
If you're using Microsoft laps which I think stands for local administrator password solution you have a few API, powershell, and of course the gui option. This information is stored as a protected attribute in AD. But with a scheduled PS, you can do a sql injection into the lansweeper database. This is not officially supported and may break with lansweeper build updates, but it does present one avenue for you. Good luck!
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Your scanning credentials are stored in your database using a salted hash, encrypted using file encryption using the local encryption file unique to your Lansweeper installation. It's unfortunately not possible or very difficult to replicate this using an upgrade script. The same would be true for an API, though we currently only offer an API for the helpdesk module.

Integration with 3rd party password manager has been requested before recently and is already on our customer wishlist. I've added your feedback to our internal feature tracking system in this context and have moved this topic to the wishlist section. At this moment in time this feature is not yet in active development, so I'm not able to guarantee that it will be added and can't provide an estimated release date.

If you have any additional feedback to add in the context of a password management feature feel free to add it.