cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bradford
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

I am looking for a way to get the current lansweeper software version number from the lansweeper server without going through the lansweeper software itself. I have checked HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Lansweeper, there is a subkey named "updatev60" but the value looks to be either encrypted or encoded, it's not human readable or parse-able.

Is there a file or a different registry value that I can easily check? The current version number is 6065, this is the number I am looking for. I'll start looking for the version number in SQL now but I would rather not have to query the database if i can avoid it.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure for which specific component (database, scanning server, website) you are trying to check the version number, but I'm assuming scanning server. If so, a couple of ways to check the version are to:
  • Check the properties of the following file: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.
  • Check the contents of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt. Every time the service starts, it writes a start event into this file, which includes (among other things) the version number of the service.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure for which specific component (database, scanning server, website) you are trying to check the version number, but I'm assuming scanning server. If so, a couple of ways to check the version are to:
  • Check the properties of the following file: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.
  • Check the contents of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt. Every time the service starts, it writes a start event into this file, which includes (among other things) the version number of the service.