cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Will LSPush ever work with the after scan deployment? Not sure if it's something low on the todo list or if it's not even on the list.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
There are currently no plans for implementing a feature for an After Scan deployment that is triggered by LsPush. The general reason for this is that if the machine can be deployed on, it can be scanned without the need of an agent (LsPush).

If the machine cannot be scanned by Lansweeper and needs to be scanned by the LsPush agent then the asset cannot be deployed on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
LsPush is superior in many ways to LsClient. What LsClient basically does is tell your Lansweeper server that the computer is online and wants to be scanned, while LsPush performs all scanning actions and commands locally. This allows it to use far less bandwidth and gives the ability to scan computers that do not have a direct connection to your Lansweeper server, which LsClient cannot do. LsClient is mostly a legacy executable at this point, in most cases its roles have been taken over by LsPush. Only in the case of "After Scan" would LsClient indeed be more useful.

As explained by my colleague, LsPush doesn't work with "After Scan" deployments by design, as LsPush is in most cases used due to connection issues between your scanning server and the computer in question. A scan completed by the scanning server itself ensures a connection capable of deployments. The level of certainty is key here, as we strive to provide an as error-free experience as possible.

We've noted your request though, and have added "LsPush After Scan deployment" to our customer wishlist. At this moment though we unfortunately cannot guarantee that this feature will be added and cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Lansweeper

I need this feature too, I use LSpush rather than LSclient in logon scripts because use less bandwith and because is less likely to have scanning issues.

LSpush is not better than LSclient ?
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
That makes sense, however, we don't use active timed scanning for several reasons. I created an installer and set it to run at login.

Seems like the push works a lot better than having the client scan tell the server to scan, so I would love to use that, however we use the after scan to keep stuff like Flash and Java up to date.
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
There are currently no plans for implementing a feature for an After Scan deployment that is triggered by LsPush. The general reason for this is that if the machine can be deployed on, it can be scanned without the need of an agent (LsPush).

If the machine cannot be scanned by Lansweeper and needs to be scanned by the LsPush agent then the asset cannot be deployed on.