cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

we have a problem scanning Linux based Wyse ThinClients.

These Clients are in a Windows Domain and also be scanned by IP Range.

After scanning a Client, there is a error message

"Errors found while scanning: Cannot connect to ssh Server".

We have disabled the ssh Login using the "No SSH" button configured by IP Address Range Scanning, but the

problem and error message still exists.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: I'm unable to reproduce the issue described in this forum topic. If No SSH is ticked for an IP range under Configuration\Scanning Methods, SSH should no longer be scanned for the specified range, regardless of which asset type the devices in the range are mapped to. There should therefore be no SSH related scanning errors either. If anyone else is having this issue, I would recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper release by following the instructions in this knowledge base article and seeing if the error persists.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: I'm unable to reproduce the issue described in this forum topic. If No SSH is ticked for an IP range under Configuration\Scanning Methods, SSH should no longer be scanned for the specified range, regardless of which asset type the devices in the range are mapped to. There should therefore be no SSH related scanning errors either. If anyone else is having this issue, I would recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper release by following the instructions in this knowledge base article and seeing if the error persists.
daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Solution:

Regardless of using the "no ssh" switch, Lansweeper always scan LINUX Systems using ssh if the Asset is detected through SNMP as Linux device.

This seems to be a bug.

In our configuration "Asset Mapping" the Wyse Client has the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.714.1.2.6 with type LINUX.
In this case, the Type "LINUX" leads to the ssh scan and to the error.

We changed the Type to "Terminal" and the problem no longer exists.

daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

sorry, but the problem still exists and i checked all settings, create a new snmp account and Lansweeper is up to date

For example:

Generally the Wyse Thin Client has no ssh Client, so i disable des ssh port scan for the ip range where the client exists.

SNMP Scan is working well, with the new and the old snmp credentials and the information will be also posted at the end of the scan. Devicetester is also ok.

But, the error message about the ssh connect error still exists and will be diaplayed. There will be also the notice for the last tried date in red.

I don´t understand, why lansweeper try to scan the client using ssh, because i´ve disabled it.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
From what I can see in my own installation, this error message should disappear *if* the machine is rescanned with a different protocol, e.g. SNMP. I will say though that SSH is the preferred protocol for Linux based machines and provides the most detailed machine information. If enabling SSH on the machine is not an option and the error remains, could you:
  • Ensure that you are running the latest Lansweeper release. Update instructions can be found here.
  • Double-check that No SSH is ticked for the problem machine's range under Configuration\Scanning Methods.
  • Verify which other protocols (e.g. SNMP) are enabled on the machine. You can do so with Devicetester.exe, which is documented here.
  • Rescan the machine with this protocol, by following these instructions.
  • Wait for your queue to clear under Configuration\Scanning Queue, refresh the asset page and see if the error persists.