cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBG-NK
Engaged Sweeper II
Microsoft made provision for valid Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. In testing that upgrade, I noticed that the newly upgraded Windows 10 computer has "INVALID" for its Model and Serial, and has "Unknown" for the Warranty. Also, the "Windows OS Overview" widget is displaying the one system as "Win 10.0.10586" but clicking that shows "This report has no results!". Has anyone else experienced this and how do I fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an update for anyone wondering: support for the latest Windows 10 build was added back in Lansweeper version 5.3.0.25. (The current latest release is 5.3.0.31.) You can perform a free update to the latest release by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an update for anyone wondering: support for the latest Windows 10 build was added back in Lansweeper version 5.3.0.25. (The current latest release is 5.3.0.31.) You can perform a free update to the latest release by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.
NikhilJPatankar
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks looks good!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The model and serial are pulled from WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on the client machine itself. Most likely, they are stored incorrectly in WMI itself, which is not something we can fix. You can manually override the information in Lansweeper by hitting the Edit Asset button on the asset page. The warranty not being scanned may be a result of the model information being incorrect, as we do require the model for some vendors. Warranty scanning pulls information from the vendors' websites and is currently only supported for Dell, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Lenovo and Toshiba.

As for the widget you're referring to: this pulls data from the tsysOS database table. This table stores a "conversion" of the OS code into a "readable" OS name, as well as a reference to the OS icon. At the moment, there's just one entry in this table for Windows 10, for OS code 10.0.10240. This is why you're having issues with the widget. With each new OS release, we need to add a new entry with the OS code and OS name to tsysOS.

We've asked development to add the more recent OS code to tsysOS, but we're not sure when they'll have time to do this, as they are currently very busy with the Lansweeper 6.0 help desk beta. You can always add your own entries to tsysOS, manually (e.g. through SQL Server Management Studio) or through a script. A sample script that adds an entry for OS code 10.0.10586 can be seen below and executed in the Configuration\Database Scripts section of the Lansweeper console. Running this script should "fix" the widget. We do recommend backing up your database prior to running any scripts, just to be safe. Backup instructions can be found here.
insert into tsysOS(OScode, OSname, Image, Sortorder) VALUES('10.0.10586', 'Win 10', 'ten10.png', 18)
GO
NikhilJPatankar
Engaged Sweeper
Yes I'm having the same issue. I would like to know when the next update is coming out to address this issue, because it is also affecting reports I've written and also the canned reports.