cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I have a deployment setup for DelProf2, a command line utility that deletes user profiles on a machine. It works on most of the computers, but sometimes it fails with "Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function". I know the command is good, as it works on most. Also, if I copy the command from LS and run it on the machine manually, it works just fine.

Anyway to figure out that error better?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by a leading space in one of the package shares submitted under Deployment\Security Options. We'll automatically strip leading and trailing spaces in a future release.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by a leading space in one of the package shares submitted under Deployment\Security Options. We'll automatically strip leading and trailing spaces in a future release.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I would recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com and providing:
  • Link to this forum thread.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Export of your deployment package.
  • Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I also created an asset action, using the scanning creds and psexec. That works fine as well. Same command as deployment.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I am running it under scanning creds.

It's not succeeding, as all the user profiles stay.

I can remote into the computer using the scanning creds and run the same command just fine, just not as a deployment.

The deployment works fine on many other computers.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
A possible cause of this might be that you deployed the package under the System account. Try deploying under Scanning credentials. Generally, if you get an "Incorrect function" message, some error code was returned by the script which is not part of the success codes you have defined. Sometimes it might be enough to add all possible result codes of your script to the Success codes in your deployment step.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now