cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
I would like to add Network and shared printers to the configuration/devices/printer tab. It only shows local and virtual printers as Adobe PDF, Send To OneNote.
Is this possible? I do not want to create a new report, just see them under printer tab in any computer I look at.

Thanks very much

Cristian Blanco Montero,
Tech Support
Lincoln School
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
User specific printer scanning is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature. Currently, Lansweeper only scans printers that are installed for the computer as a whole.
Lansweeper wrote:
User specific printer scanning is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature. Currently, Lansweeper only scans printers that are installed for the computer as a whole.

Has this been added does anyone know? Im searching the forum but keep finding old requests like this but no reports which show this information. looks like its been requested for years?
FixitDave
Champion Sweeper
Would it be possible to execute two scans, one as the current user (to get the printers) and the other as local admin.

This way the WMI query would pick them up.

Could create a new table on the Config --> Devices --> Printer page to separate user and computer type queues.

Could even have a separate Wait Time for User Printers as that would need to be refreshed every time.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
WMI only scans system installed printers, not printers installed for a specific user.