cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimtpa
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to create a report that will show me the memory, computer name, processor and operating system, easy right. I get the information i want but it shows some of the machines multiple times, once 4 every processor, I've tried to get it to display each machine only once. When I add DISTINCT after select in the Sql analyzer it works, however it will not work in the report builder any ideas on how i can accomplish this.

SELECT
CAST(CAST(dbo.tblComputersystem.TotalPhysicalMemory AS bigint) / 1024 / 1024 AS NUMERIC) AS Memory,
tblComputersystem.Computername,
tblOperatingsystem1.Caption,
tblPROCESSOR.Name
FROM
tblPROCESSOR
INNER JOIN tblComputersystem ON (tblPROCESSOR.Computername = tblComputersystem.Computername)
INNER JOIN tblOperatingsystem tblOperatingsystem1 ON (tblComputersystem.Computername = tblOperatingsystem1.Computername)
2 REPLIES 2
dimtpa
Engaged Sweeper
thanks i got it to work.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
First make a new view with colums computername and processortype, make sure that this view only outputs one record per computer (using distinct, ...)
The create a new view based on your example with memory, ... and join it to the first view to combine it with the processor information.