cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
We took the time to add the county's asset tag number to the bios of all of our Dell computers. Is there a way to use Lansweeper Report Building to get this information from the BIOS?

I did see that I can pull the owner name so I know it will pull that type of info just can't find out how to get the asset info.

Thanks for any and all help

Gary Bungart
10 REPLIES 10
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
Perfect...Wonderful...and it works...count me as a happy person!
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
I am looking at the beta of version 4 and I do not see SMBIOSAsset Tag info being available....am I missing it?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bungargp wrote:
I am looking at the beta of version 4 and I do not see SMBIOSAsset Tag info being available....am I missing it?

It's in table tblSystemEnclosure
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you so much for the quick reply...do you know if there is a target date for this release?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bungargp wrote:
Thank you so much for the quick reply...do you know if there is a target date for this release?

No
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
It is displayed in SMBIOSAsset Tag
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bungargp wrote:
It is displayed in SMBIOSAsset Tag

This information will be in version 4.0 (together with the other systemclosure information)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try the following:

download wmi explorer : http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/wmi/index.htm

run query "Select * from Win32_SystemEnclosure"

In which field is the result you want?
bungargp
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks....but that field gives me the serial number of the computer. What I need is the asset tag that we entered using the Dell Asset Tag utility when we installed the computers. Our asset tag is our county inventory ID number.