As our company continues to grow, also internationally, we are looking for the expertise of a Legal Counsel. As our Legal Counsel, you will be working for our Lansweeper headquarter in Belgium, providing contractual support and guidance to global Lansweeper departments in Belgium, the US, and Spain. You will be our sole legal counsel and will report directly to the CFO.
- Provide high-quality legal advice and support to management, and act as a true business partner for our internal clients.
- Negotiate directly with external stakeholders like our customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Follow-up with our software's product development, and enhance a smooth release with the necessary guarantees for our customers.
- Ensure proper risk management and pragmatically deal with legal issues in a rapidly growing and evolving software company.
- Propose creative approaches to business issues.
- Organize and give legal training to internal stakeholders.
- Set up and reinforce legal operations processes.
- Deal with corporate housekeeping.
- Coordinate with external legal advisors when needed.
- Deal hands-on with the issues described above, with the possibility to grow with the company and contribute to shaping the future of the legal function, taking on legal operations management challenges to come.
Are You the New Legal Counsel at Lansweeper?
At a Minimum, You Have
- A master's degree in law.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm, and/or prior in-house experience in an international environment.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in an international setting.
- A good sense of maturity, resilience, intrapreneurial thinking, legal creativity and the capability to work autonomously.
- Experience with or interest in setting up and reinforcing legal operations processes.
- The capability and interest in understanding the technical background of our business and its projects.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- You value building relationships with your colleagues and thus, internal clients.
- You are a highly detail-oriented, rigorous, well-organized person.
- You have experience with contract negotiations under US Law.
- You are certified as a Data Protection Officer, or have relevant experience with the implementation of EU data protection law requirements.