cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ittod78
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Lansweepers!

I operate a small technology consultancy and I have one client who has asked me to provide him a quote for "Proactive maintenance Support". Sort of "before it breaks, notify me" type thing. LanSweeper seems well positioned for this sort of thing, but I am wondering what I should offer and what holes LS might not be able to cover. I am thinking:

PCs and Servers and Antivirus Status (up to date)
Same as above but malware
Drives that are about to go empty (LS does this)
Windows patches up to date
Too many login attempts on firewall (can LS do this)?
Backups failing.

Thanks. What would YOU cover if a client asked you to quote Proactive Maint Support? Have I left anything out?
2 REPLIES 2
ittod78
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks Lansweeper! Your honesty is much appreciated!
Some of these items I can get through another package (for instance, Backup Exec will email you if a backup fails, so I could go that route).

I am very impressed what LS is capable of!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- You would have to manually generate reports to see if an anti-virus software package is up-to-date. Lansweeper does not keep track of what the latest version numbers of software packages are.
- Lansweeper wasn't designed to detect malware. The only way to detect malware would be if you ran a scan for a specific registry value or file associated with the malware or a report for a specific software package listed under Add/Remove Programs. (You would have to know/suspect what the malware is.)
- Lansweeper can detect when a machine was last patched, but will not tell you if there are patches queued that haven't been installed.
- Lansweeper does not currently monitor firewalls.
- There is no built-in functionality for monitoring Windows backups. You may be able to scan some of this information from the machine's registry or event log.