cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreimer1
Engaged Sweeper
What would be the procedure to scan for SAV client and def date. i see you have something like it for F-Secure and AVG, why not sav
12 REPLIES 12
jreimer1
Engaged Sweeper
Anyone have luck with Symantec Endpoint and to get virus definitions data.
cojast
Engaged Sweeper III
I would like to add this to my scan...but i am new to sql and dont know what i am doing...can someone walk me through setting this up...i already right-clicked on view and chose new view which brought me up to an Add Table window...i assume i click on tblfileversions and click Add is that correct...what do i do from here?
jreimer1
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks worked like a charm
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Add a '%' after '10.1.5'

-> AND (NOT (dbo.tblFileVersions.FileVersion LIKE '10.1.5%'))
jreimer1
Engaged Sweeper

Here is a screenshot of that file

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post a screenshot of the table "tblFileVersions" please.
jreimer1
Engaged Sweeper
I have this as a Custom report but it is showing all clients with 10.1.5 as needing updates, should it be anything under 10.1.5 show as needing updates.

I am new to the whole SQL Database

' This is a sample report that checks all computers if they have the latest version of SAV
' The file that we need to check : %programfiles%\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.exe

' Add the file that we need to scan to the tsysfiles table
' you can do the same from the GUI interface

INSERT INTO dbo.TsysFiles
(Searchfile, Enabled)
VALUES ('%programfiles%\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.exe', 1)

' Create the query to check for the latest version
' the latest version of our software is 10.1.5

CREATE VIEW dbo.web30repsav
AS
SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.tblComputers.Computername AS Computer, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblFileVersions.FileVersion, dbo.tblFileVersions.FileDescription, dbo.tblFileVersions.Filesize, dbo.tblFileVersions.Lastchanged
FROM dbo.tblComputers INNER JOIN
dbo.tblOperatingsystem ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername LEFT OUTER JOIN
dbo.tblFileVersions ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblFileVersions.Computername
WHERE (dbo.tblFileVersions.FilePathfull LIKE '%vpc32%') AND (NOT (dbo.tblFileVersions.FileVersion LIKE '10.1.5'))
ORDER BY dbo.tblComputers.Computername

GO

'Add the view to the reports table

INSERT INTO [tsysreports] ([Reportquery],[Reporttitle]) VALUES ('web30repsav','SAV Update')

GO

kas
Engaged Sweeper II
Shouldn't this information be showing up in the "All Software" Report?

Nevermind. I didnt realize that there was a seperate "fileversion" table as well.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to create a new query which can be used as a report and use the found information. (there is an example is the reports section of the forum)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now