cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blade316
Engaged Sweeper
Hey all,

Hope you can help me. I've recently purchased Lansweeper Premium, but I have tried and just cant get it working.

I'm installing this on my secondary Domain Controller - Windows Server 2003 R2

Here's what I've done:

Downloaded Lansweeper Premium (doesnt have installer package)
Downloaded Lansweeper Standard (does have the installer package)
Downloaded MS SQL EXPRESS 2005.

OK so I've installed MS SQL EXPRESS 2005 without any issues. I then install Lansweeper Standard using the installer package, during the installation I'm just going with the default options. During the install tasks it gives me errors saying it cant create the database etc. The install however does finish.

I open the Lansweeper Console shortcut on the desktop and it opens a web page that gives me an error:

"Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur."

So I check the event logs and I get 2 of the same errors multiple times:

EVENT ID 1007 Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid."

EVENT ID 1084 Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account"

I have tried the following:

1. Going to C:\Program Files\Lansweeper and assigning full permissions for NETWORK SERVICE, IUSR_<servername> & SYSTEM

2. Editing the machine.config file and changing the "MachineOnly" variable to "SYSTEM"

So that is where I'm stuck at the moment. I mean all I want to do is install the software sync it with my Active Directory and start scanning. Surely it cant be this hard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try our beta version 4.0 : http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst2875_12-March-Lansweeper-40-beta-download.aspx
This solves a lot of known installer problems.
jerryn
Engaged Sweeper
I was having the exact same problem so I reinstalled IIS, ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i and reinstalled lansweeper. Now I'm getting a different error:

Server Error in '/lansweeper' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: A procedure imported by 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' could not be loaded.

Source Error:

Line 8: </appSettings> Line 9: <system.web> Line 10: <compilation debug="false" strict="false" explicit="true"> Line 11: <assemblies><add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/> Line 12: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Source File: C:\Program Files\lansweeper\website\web.config Line: 10

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50215.44

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Was IIS already installed before you installed lansweeper?

I suggest the following:
Please post your installer log file (can be found in %programfiles%lansweeper)
Configure sql express as stated in the documentation (mixed authentication,...)
If IIS is not used for anything else reinstall it.
After IIS installation run "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -i"
Re-install lansweeper