cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be great if you could update LanSweeper to correctly pull the product info for HP computers. I have attached the scripts needed to do this. Also once you have this info it would be easy to add a custom action to link to warranty info and drivers.

Here is the correct vbscript to pull the HP Part Number and Serial Number:
Dim objWMI : Set objWMI = GetObject("winmgmts:")
Dim colSettingsComp : Set colSettings = objWMI.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
Dim colSettingsBios : Set colSettingsBios = objWMI.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_BIOS")
Dim objComputer, strModel, strSerial
For Each objComputer in colSettings
strModel = objComputer.Model
Next
For Each objComputer in colSettingsBios
strSerial = objComputer.SerialNumber
Next
myarray = Split(strModel, "(")
wscript.echo "Model: ", Replace(myarray(0),"(","")
wscript.echo "Part Number:", Replace(myarray(1),")","")
wscript.echo "Serial: ", strSerial

and here is the Link for warranty info (replace {PARTNMUBER} & {SERIALNUMBER} with correct values:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyResults.jsp?nickname=&sn={SERIALNUMBER}&country=CA&lang=en&cc=us&pn={PARTNUMBER}&find=Display%20Warranty%20Information%20%C2%BB&

and here is the Link for drivers (replace {PARTNMUBER} with correct value:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/swPfinder?query={PARTNUMBER}&tool=softwareCategory&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en
10 REPLIES 10
labrams
Engaged Sweeper
I would like this same information only from Dell. I also have spiceworks and it pulls purchase dates and warranty information for my systems. Just something for the wishlist I guess.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
labrams wrote:
I would like this same information only from Dell. I also have spiceworks and it pulls purchase dates and warranty information for my systems. Just something for the wishlist I guess.

A third-party tool for pulling Dell warranty information into your Lansweeper database was posted here. We will likely add warranty support for several vendors in one of our next updates, but we do not yet have a release date for this feature.
d_i_saunders
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

Anything warrant related would be perfect.
d.i.saunders wrote:
Anything warrant related would be perfect.

We recommend checking this forum thread to see if anyone has posted an HP warranty retrieval tool. We do not currently provide support for auto-retrieval of warranty information. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.
d_i_saunders
Engaged Sweeper III
sorry to drag up an only topic but this would be very usefull..

I have tried to run this bet get the following error when running from a command line:

HPwarranty.vbs(4, 1) (null): 0x80041003

Also when this works seem you need to click the action for each HP laptop / Dekstop, it it possible to feed it a string of computernames..

I can just run the command once a month to update the new hardware.

Thnaks

d.i.saunders wrote:
sorry to drag up an only topic but this would be very usefull..

Could you please clarify which specific data you are interested in retrieving.
Mike_Austin
Engaged Sweeper
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this is something that could be useful to a number of people, not just me.

Ive used the above script which works for desktop and laptops, but not for HP servers.

Ive had a look about and have found all of the info to make this work for servers aswell, just not sure how to put it all together ( if indeed it is possible).

Here what i have:

The URL needed to pass the Location, Serial Number and Product number:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyResults.jsp?nickname=&sn=<InsertSerialNumberHere>&country=CA&lang=en&cc=us&pn=<InsertProductNumberHere>#ABA&find=Display%20Warranty%20Information%20%C2%BB&

As Lansweeper already pulls the serial number, all that is needed is the product number /ID.

Depending on what model of HP server, it is stored in one these reg keys:

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HardwareDescription\ProductNumber
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS\SystemSKU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\System Properties\productnumber

Can anybody figure a way automate this the same way as Dell etc .... ?

Any pointers appreciated, or if someone wants something testing let me know.

Thanks
metafex
Engaged Sweeper
any progress on this. i tried the same but didn`t work.

no error code nothing
RHOPE
Engaged Sweeper
How would I check if LAN Sweeper pulled the correct info from the HP computer?

I have created the two scripts above and it does nothing. I guessing maybe LAN Sweeper did not pull the correct information from my HP Compaq dc5800.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now