cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgeertz
Engaged Sweeper
We have a handful of asset states we use. When a computer is being decommissioned, we'll set it to "decommissioned" status. We also have some cleanup settings enabled to deactivate items after 90 days of inactivity. When a computer hits that mark, Lansweeper swaps the status to non-active to retrieve the license back.

Is there any way to either:
1) Make our own status/state act like the "non-active" state in terms of disabling and freeing up the license (i.e. anything we set to "decommissioned" should also make the device inactive or return the license)...I know I could use a custom field here, but don't want to use 2 fields to accomplish the same goal...leads to too many conflicting statuses if not maintained properly
2) Or report on status history for an asset? I couldn't find if/where it would say who changed the status and when. If we can't alter the way cleanup/license freeing activities work, then it would be nice to see what the status was before it got cleaned up and set to non-active.

If anyone else has a better/cleaner way of doing this, I'm all ears!
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
ian_midgley
Engaged Sweeper II
As far as I can tell an asset in a non-active state does count against the license. This was okay when the license was unlimited but now it isn't it is a real downer.
rader
Champion Sweeper III
Ian M wrote:
As far as I can tell an asset in a non-active state does count against the license. This was okay when the license was unlimited but now it isn't it is a real downer.

Have a look at section 5 here. It explains my process to use Vendors as an asset and I've also used it to recover licenses for inactive/decommissioned equipment.

https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst20448_How-I-created-a-purchasing-workflow-in-LS.aspx#post...