cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Stoopman
Engaged Sweeper
I'd like to be able to bulk edit multiple assets from the report view.
But since the selection fields at the left of the reports are missing I can't find a way to bulkedit or assign to group them.
In our particular case we've created a report which shows us newly found assets which haven;t been assigend to a custom group yet.
(We use custom groups to group our customer assets individually)
Now we have to edit each new asset manually and one by one.

Haven't found a simpler solution yet...

Regards, Mark
2 REPLIES 2
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Have you tried going to configure-> Asset groups going to Static Groups and add the assets from there? Granted what you can filter by is limited, but just a thought. Could you use Dynamic groups in stead of a Static Group?

Esrocom - Mark wrote:
But since the selection fields at the left of the reports are missing I can't find a way to bulkedit or assign to group them.
In our particular case we've created a report which shows us newly found assets which haven;t been assigend to a custom group yet.

Regards, Mark

Hi Brandon, thank you for your suggestions. But I used adding assets manually in the static groups before, but the columns I can filter on are too limited. And as you already mention dynamic groups can not be used in reports.

The workaround I've created now is creating report which shows me all assets which are not assigned to a static group yet and filters on asstename, type, IPLocation, IP-address, Firstsee, Lastseen and scanserver which is good enough to determine which customer the new asset belongs to.
I still think there should be some way to automate this.

Brandon wrote:
Have you tried going to configure-> Asset groups going to Static Groups and add the assets from there? Granted what you can filter by is limited, but just a thought. Could you use Dynamic groups in stead of a Static Group?

Esrocom - Mark wrote:

Regards, Mark