cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjan_langendij
Engaged Sweeper
After upgrading to the latest version I discovered that scanning them on SSH is not working.
I found that when using a IP subnet as scan target SSH is not used at all. A single tcp line in wireshark to port 22. I have an open casenumber to Lansweeper support but they dont seem to know what is causing the issue.
I showed them that on the same box I can use a powershell window and do ssh user@host and i get a working ssh session. Using the wireshark you see the lines of the connection. Using the lansweeper scan it is not even trying. It looks like lansweeper fails to use SSH scan.

I included both of the screenshots showing the failed ssh and working ssh from command prompt
4 REPLIES 4
arjan_langendij
Engaged Sweeper
I had an old Lansweeper version that I used to do the testing. I was not able to scan that devices as well. With device tester and a timeout of 25 sec I can query the device fine. So this comes down to a timeout issue. Not related to the version but still a lansweeper issue.
arjan_langendij
Engaged Sweeper
That would very nice but to bad it is not that easy. SSH is enabled by default and this case it is not set to disable SSH.
The problem is with timeout of the scan. It actually never starts a real scan. With device tester you are able to make chages to the scan but not in website config. Somehow this have been changed. Support says they did not change anything and all I did was doing a complete clean install with the latest version. I do want to fireup an old version just for trial to see if I can scan the same host.
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi ArjanL,

If Lansweeper isn't trying to scan SSH with an IP Range Scanning target it could be that the SSH scanning is not enabled in the scanning target options.
arjan_langendij
Engaged Sweeper
I added another attachment showing that is fails on the welcome message of SSH.
I found that when I increase the timeout in device tester I do get results.
Looks like lansweeper support is sleeping.

Scanning SSH..
SSH server: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.8
System info: Darwin <hostname> 17.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jan 23 07:05:23 PST 2020; root:xnu-4570.71.69~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64