cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbruyet
Engaged Sweeper II
Good afternoon,

We had someone leave the company and I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to remove them from Lansweeper. Before I can remove them I need to move their data to another user but that part isn't working. When I click on the "Transfer to this user" icon, click on that other user, and then click ok I don't see anything happen. If I go back and click on the red delete button I still get the "Transfer this user's data to a different user first" error message. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Joe B
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi jbruyet,

Deleting a user and transferring tickets before deletion, works a bit odd. Before deleting a user/agent, all data associated with that user/agent needs to be transferred to another user/agent.

You can do this under Configuration\User Access & Roles and click on the transfer option at the right-hand side of the users' list. Make sure to select the button next to the user to whom you want to transfer the information to. From the popup window that appears, select the user from which you want to transfer the data from.

Once transferred, the user can then be deleted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jbruyet
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Erik T.,

I have to confess I didn't read it, I just did what "I thought" should be the correct way to do it. Thanks for the help -- the user has been removed from Lansweeper.

Thanks,

Joe B
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi jbruyet,

Deleting a user and transferring tickets before deletion, works a bit odd. Before deleting a user/agent, all data associated with that user/agent needs to be transferred to another user/agent.

You can do this under Configuration\User Access & Roles and click on the transfer option at the right-hand side of the users' list. Make sure to select the button next to the user to whom you want to transfer the information to. From the popup window that appears, select the user from which you want to transfer the data from.

RickTCHD
Engaged Sweeper
Erik.T wrote:
Hi jbruyet,

Banging my head for quite a while before I stumbled on this. For anyone else reading this and still going, wait, I thought I was doing that.... The part that should be highlighted is: "select the button next to the user to whom you want to transfer the information TO", not the person transferring FROM.

And saying it's a bit odd is a bit of an understatement. I would propose that, that get fixed in a future update.
erling_AK
Engaged Sweeper II

RickTCHD

THANK YOU!!!
Even thought i read your input several times it took me quite a few attempts before it sank in.
WOW!! 

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now