cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khancock
Engaged Sweeper II
I would like to customize the "Service-level agreement" widget that is part of the default installation. I had hopped I could just copy the aspx file from the Websites\widgets folder into the websites\custom widgets folder and edit it. Unfortunately I found two major roadblocks in doing so:

1. There doesn't appear to be an ASPX file for the service-level agreement widget
2. All the of the ASPX files in Websites\Widgets folder only contain the text as follows
This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

So is there a way / place to find the source and edit it as a custom widget. My use case is as follows:

We have a status of "Declined". These tickets are things we can not do or otherwise are not going to get completed. The are essentially closed but we track them using a different category so we can show that they were requests we can not honor. This should not display as SLA violations since they are essentially "closed". I also do not want to just rip the SLA info off the ticket at as I would like to preserve it for record of our performance.

Any input is appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi khancock,

You can create custom widgets and add them to your Lansweeper installation. Considering Lansweeper is a closed source system, you cannot customize any built-in widget.

There is an article available that describes the basic steps to create custom widgets. I've shared the link below.
If your aspx file contains the header as described in the article and the code is sound, it should be functional.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-create-custom-widgets/