cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastiangomez
Engaged Sweeper

Just wanted to share, what I think is a very complex package that would hopefully give people ideas on how to better use lansweeper package deployments. the Windows 10 files used were Windowsupdatebox.exe and an ESD file.

ESD File can be downloaded by doing a google search or if you use WSUS you can right click the applicable update for your network, view file information and get the download URL from there.

14 REPLIES 14
Michael_kop
Engaged Sweeper
I have done it like you said to do a WIndows UPgrade.
I changed the version to 1909.

Everything goes well, and he gives me a Stop (Succes) on step 12.

The flag is in the Registry on reboot Pendig, but then nothing happens.
I restarted the PC twice, butt still nothing happens.

What do i have to do next?
mzipperer
Engaged Sweeper III
what about bit locker?
Anita
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for this package. Just a basic question:

Will this deployment package work after having WindowsUpdate.exe or I have to modify something else on it. In addition, how does it bypass McAfee Encryption as per it is on the package? I would like to know a bit more as I don't see any installation in the Task manager too. Shall I simply wait 2 hours after pushing from portal.
RCCOLA37
Engaged Sweeper
Can I modify this script somehow to get it to update to 1909?
RCCOLA37 wrote:
Can I modify this script somehow to get it to update to 1909?

Download the latest Windows 10 Media Creation tool, that will allow you to download the 1909 files.
Stevenc
Engaged Sweeper
Okay I tried to do this Package but I had alot of trouble with it. Is there any possible way someone could write up a step by step on this? I mean it creates a folder in this script but doesnt say what files are in those Folders. Also where I can find the ESD File and the upgrade Executable? Like maybe send a direct link because I did a Google Search and had no luck, And Can someone Explain why this package has the Installer run 3 Times? Thanks in Advance
Steven-REXtac wrote:
Okay I tried to do this Package but I had alot of trouble with it. Is there any possible way someone could write up a step by step on this? I mean it creates a folder in this script but doesnt say what files are in those Folders. Also where I can find the ESD File and the upgrade Executable? Like maybe send a direct link because I did a Google Search and had no luck, And Can someone Explain why this package has the Installer run 3 Times? Thanks in Advance

Hi Steven,

Looking at the upgrade package, from what I can see is it's running it once to download the files etc. Once to install and not sure on the last step.

It looks over complicated for what I need it for which is to just update a machine to Windows 10.

In my case I just grab the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Download the ISO and extract the contents to a folder then call the setup.exe with the below.

CyberCitizen wrote:
Disable Sleep on Battery so it doesn't go to sleep while deploying
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-dc 0

Disable Sleep on Mains Power so it doesn't go to sleep while deploying
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-ac 0

Install Win 10 without Rebooting the machine (eg allows the user to reboot at night, if you want the machine to reboot remove the /noreboot switch).
"{PackageShare}\Microsoft\Windows 10 v1903\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /Compat IgnoreWarning
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I have the following report and we are just doing a stagged roll out to staff as we are mostly laptops in remote sites via 4G connections.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Version,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As Type,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
Case
When tblAssets.Version Like '1903%' Then '#d4f4be'
Else '#ffadad'
End As backgroundcolor
From tblAssets
Left Outer Join tsysIPLocations On tblAssets.IPNumeric >=
tsysIPLocations.StartIP And tblAssets.IPNumeric <= tsysIPLocations.EndIP
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tblAssets.Assettype = tsysAssetTypes.AssetType
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Left Outer Join tsysOS On tblAssets.OScode = tsysOS.OScode
Where tblAssets.IPAddress Is Not Null And tblAssets.IPAddress != '' And
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename = 'Windows' And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Version,
tblAssets.IPNumeric
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Very different to the way we are doing things.

Disable Sleep on Battery
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-dc 0

Disable Sleep on Mains Power
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-ac 0

Install Win 10 without Rebooting the machine (eg allows the user to reboot at night).
"{PackageShare}\Microsoft\Windows 10 v1903\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /Compat IgnoreWarning

And we have one more package without the no reboot option when we want to force it to reboot once completed.

Can you please advise the improvements in completing this task via your means?