cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmorgan1
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I'm having trouble understanding why some (but not all) of my installs are failing and returning "No such key AgentKey". I am using flags like so:

LsAgent-windows.exe --server xxx --port xxx --agentkey xxx --mode unattended

This works fine on some machines: they return no errors, the agent installs, and shortly thereafter they report back to the server. Others seem like the key is invalid. I'm using the exact same command and key, issued in the exact same way. What is going on here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume you already have LsAgent installed on these problem client machines and are trying to update the installations. We've had a few customer reports of LsAgent configuration files (LsAgent.ini) somehow becoming corrupt and subsequently causing issues while updating LsAgent. Our suspicion at the moment is that affected customers' LsAgent.ini files are being modified by an anti-virus scanner or something similar, though we haven't confirmed this.

Fully removing LsAgent from the client machine and then reinstalling it should fix the issue. Also note that it should ordinarily not be necessary to manually update LsAgent installations on Windows computers. LsAgent auto-updates on Windows. (On Linux and Mac, you do need to manually update.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume you already have LsAgent installed on these problem client machines and are trying to update the installations. We've had a few customer reports of LsAgent configuration files (LsAgent.ini) somehow becoming corrupt and subsequently causing issues while updating LsAgent. Our suspicion at the moment is that affected customers' LsAgent.ini files are being modified by an anti-virus scanner or something similar, though we haven't confirmed this.

Fully removing LsAgent from the client machine and then reinstalling it should fix the issue. Also note that it should ordinarily not be necessary to manually update LsAgent installations on Windows computers. LsAgent auto-updates on Windows. (On Linux and Mac, you do need to manually update.)
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Are these devices able to communicate out to the cloud relay? I'm wondering if the installer performs a check against the cloud relay to verify your key is actually valid.
RKCar wrote:
Are these devices able to communicate out to the cloud relay? I'm wondering if the installer performs a check against the cloud relay to verify your key is actually valid.

It can't - I know this has been resolved, but added notation - the LSAgent.ini file just has [default] in the file, not any other info like a regular LSAgent.ini file; so no, it does not communicate with the cloud because there is nothing in the ini file telling it to.
lmosscornerston
Engaged Sweeper
I'm getting the same thing on my computer, "no such key AgentKey"

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now