cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstoop
Engaged Sweeper
After hours of spending to try install Java and copy the files to c:\program files (x86) the exclusion files and the java.seurity file to c:\windows\sun\java\deployment, asking for help.
I have downloaded and edit a package from this forum and have added 2 steps. De installation of java 8.u144 is working fine but the last 2 steps failing. The 2 steps are copying files to the client that Java needs. 1 is voor the exclusion list and the other for security settings in the program files folder \java.

I have tried this as a step:
cmd.exe /c xcopy.exe /Y /I {packageshare}\Java\Sun\Java\Deployment\*.* C:\windows\Sun\Java\Deployment\
The security settings are fine, folder to copy is done by a user with sufficient rights. When i start above in a run command locally it copies the files, but thru lansweeper not. I have also tried to in stead of package share the real name: \\server\folder

Because this failed i have put this line in a batch file and then in Lansweeper execute a script and the path to the batchfile. This is also not working: return -62 last step 11

Why is this working locally on the client but not thru lansweeper what is wrong...
3 REPLIES 3
mcoleman
Engaged Sweeper II
Our Java deployment script just does this

copy \\server\share\OracleJRE1.8\deployment.properties C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment

and

copy \\server\share\OracleJRE1.8\exception.sites c:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment

mlachance
Engaged Sweeper III
mcoleman wrote:
Our Java deployment script just does this

copy \\server\share\OracleJRE1.8\deployment.properties C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment

and

copy \\server\share\OracleJRE1.8\exception.sites c:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment

Try adding /s to your command line:
cmd.exe /c xcopy.exe /Y /i /s {PackageShare}\Java\Sun\Java\Deployment\*.* "C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment\"

Also, verify your path to {PackageShare}\Java\... is correct.

cmd.exe /c xcopy.exe /Y /i /s is my goto for when copying files. Works everytime.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If it works through CMD then it should work with Lansweeper too. An alternative is to put to put it all in a script that calls the installer.