cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
As the title says, I’m trying to create a report for assets which are part of certain static groups and exclude other groups.

We have multiple (16) different static groups to help us organize our Assets in Lansweeper.
If I want to run a report for assets included in one of those Groups I can just add the criteria in the report which works well.

But the other way around not so much.

i.e.
lets say I have the following groups:

Default Group
TestGroup-AT
TestGroup-UK
TestGroup-US
TestGroup-BR
TestGroup-CN
OtherGroup1
OtherGroup2

How can I exclude all Assets that a Part of any of the TestGroups.
If I add the criteria
NOT LIKE ‘%TestGroup%’
I still get all the assets in the report since every asset is part of “Default Group”

I tried counting the static groups like it was suggested in another Post and only show Assets with 1 group assigned. But this isn’t working since many assets belong to multible goups. i.e. OtherGoups1 -2

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated since I really need to be able to distinguish the groups in my Reports.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
It would help to see the query you're working with, but off the top of my head, I'd probably start by trying something like
WHERE
Not Exists (Select
tblAssetGroupLink.AssetID
From
tblAssetGroupLink
Inner Join tblAssetGroups On tblAssetGroups.AssetGroupID = tblAssetGroupLink.AssetGroupID
Where
tblAssetGroupLink.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
And tblAssetGroups.AssetGroup Like '%TestGroup%')

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
It would help to see the query you're working with, but off the top of my head, I'd probably start by trying something like
WHERE
Not Exists (Select
From
tblAssetGroupLink
Inner Join tblAssetGroups On tblAssetGroups.AssetGroupID = tblAssetGroupLink.AssetGroupID
Where
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
RC62N wrote:
WHERE
Not Exists (Select
From
tblAssetGroupLink
Where

This seems to be the solution already. I was still getting false positives at first, but it seems that it was due to lack of Asset maintenance.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now