cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

This deployment package will install/update PuTTY. Please ensure you've done the following before running this package:

Additional information and help about deployment can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb-category/deploying-software-and-other-changes/

To deploy this package on all assets which have a PuTTY version lower than 0.71, you can use the following report as a deployment target:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As AssetType,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysOS.OSname As OS,
tblAssets.SP,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID =
tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Left Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%putty%' And
tblSoftware.softwareVersion < '0.71.0.0' And tblState.Statename = 'Active'
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName
5 REPLIES 5
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
I ran the testconnection.exe for both PCs using the scanning credentials, the only issues it had were it could not check the task scheduler on one, and could not scan netbios (UDP) on either.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can do a test with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client.

Does that run without issues?
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
Well, some progress but still encountering a problem.

I tried disabling the antivirus and rebooting the PCs but no change (and didn't see an instance of remotedeployment_x86/64.exe on either PC), so I cleared the deployment logs and stopped/started the Lansweeper Server service. Once the service started, the deployments to both PCs appeared again in the logs automatically. The good news is they made it past preliminary checks, the bad news is they both errored out - one due to a logon failure, the other timed out due to "Incorrect function."

I tried copying the installer to the local desktop and running it from an elevated command prompt with /qn and /norestart, and it completed successfully in seconds.
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
I did a test run on a couple PCs but ran into some issues. One PC is stuck at "Performing preliminary checks." On the other, it appears to be the same but after 5 minutes a separate Putty deployment task showed up with the error "Deployment canceled. Package is already being executed by an earlier deployment on this asset."

I verified the 32/64-bit installers are in the PackageShare\Installers directory, is there something else I'm missing?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
KevinA-REJIS wrote:
I did a test run on a couple PCs but ran into some issues. One PC is stuck at "Performing preliminary checks." On the other, it appears to be the same but after 5 minutes a separate Putty deployment task showed up with the error "Deployment canceled. Package is already being executed by an earlier deployment on this asset."

I verified the 32/64-bit installers are in the PackageShare\Installers directory, is there something else I'm missing?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the package. You would be getting other errors if this was the case.

To remove the stuck deployment you can do the following:
  • Stop your Lansweeper Server service under services.msc.
  • Restart the client machines where the deployment is running on or kill the deployment executable on the client machines (remotedeployment_x86/64.exe).
  • Clear the Installer logs by using the Clear Logs report option in the left-hand pane under Deployment\Installer Logs.
  • Restart your Lansweeper Server service under services.msc.

The reason why it gets stuck can be that your Lansweeper service stops during the preliminary checks.
If there is anti-virus software running on your client machines, try disabling it to see if this makes a difference, as this may be blocking some of the deployment processes.
If it only happens when deploying to multiple assets, increase the maximum number of simultaneous connections on your packageshare folders.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now