cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
Hi there!
I often connect to my users' using Lansweeper Remote Control, but when they have UAC enabled and I try to installa a program the remote control closes (this is when the UAC prompt is showing up).
How can I prevent this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
StefanHartmann
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I have set a GPO:

Computer Policies\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\User Account Control\User Account Control: Allow UIAccess applications to prompt for elevation without using the secure desktop

If you set this GPO you will get the UAC without a blackscreen

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/dd851479(v=ws.11)
Ok, I resolved this, I'm writing here my solution for future reference.

The problem is on "Secure Desktop": when UAC prompt is raised this confirmation dialog is shown on a windows with which no other programs can interact, StefanHartmann solution is good but I don't want to disable always this security feature.

So I resolved in this way: before doing an operation that could raise an UAC prompt on SecureDesktop or even before lsremote connection I disable this by executing a remote "reg add" with this command:

psexec \\<remotepc> reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v PromptOnSecureDesktop /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f

after changing this reg key (that doesn't need a reboot) the UAC prompt is raised but on a normal window so I can interact with it during lsremote session without being disconnected, at the end of the session a similar command with value=1 restores the default value

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Have you gone over the remote control KB article?

What you can also try is running the action as a different user.

Actions are performed with the permissions of the user running the browser, so you might need to run the browser with credentials that also have local administrative rights on the target machine.
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
LSRemote is so useful! Users must accept connection (for privacy consent) and the can view how to risolve issues.
LSRemote is executign as admin but we can't disable UAC or executing it as a service.
Everything works fine until UAC prompt is loaded and this disconnect LSRemote, I hope there is a fix for this problem.
thanks
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but:

LSRemote is a remote executable, that packages a small VNC app... and it runs as your user account that you are logged on with when you launch the action from LS webpage. It needs to either run as an administrator on the local machine, with UAC disabled only for administrators, and/or it has to be registered as a windows service, in order to not have UAC cause issues.

I actually didn't know lsremote still existed - thanks for this post 🙂