cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinG
Engaged Sweeper
I want to try the new Lansweeper version. Currently our clients are pushing the inventory with lspush.exe version 6.0.100.32.

Will this lead to any trouble? Can I update to Lansweeper 7 on the server and have the clients still push with the old agent?

Many thanks for your reply.
Martin
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
LSPush isn't updated with every version. So the version number of LsPush doesn't need to be identical to the Lansweeper version you're using.

The latest version will always be included with a Lansweeper update so you can always just copy the latest version from the installed folder. Additionally, Lansweeper will give a warning in the scan time tab of assets if the LsPush version being used is outdated.
cpb
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Martin,

MartinG wrote:

Will this lead to any trouble? Can I update to Lansweeper 7...

There is an issue if you are running Lansweeper on an older server:
https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm55861_LsPush-on-Lansweeper-7.aspx

MartinG wrote:
Currently our clients are pushing the inventory with lspush.exe version 6.0.100.32. [...]clients still push with the old agent?

I have updated to version 7. LsPush.exe still says version 6.0.100.32, and the update checker says that is the most recent.
So, it looks like LsPush is probably the same as the old version.

However, doing an FC /B on the two files indicates they are not the same binary files. I guess the devs might have slipped changes in there without changing the version number.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can still use LsPush if you want to. The update procedure is similar to any previous update. This means that to be safe, it's best to copy the new LsPush executable to the shared folder and overwrite the older one.