cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
Why doesn't the "Windows OS/SP Overview" report Windows 10 or Server 2016? Am I missing something? Running version v. 6.0.230.48.
9 REPLIES 9
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
This is one issue that has vexed me since the change. I was even told months ago (back in August) the same then that Charles pointed out.

NOTE: I found out very recently, that you also need to uncheck the 'Disable helpdesk menu' option in Configuration > Helpdesk Settings > General Settings area as well to get this widget, and other helpdesk widgets, as an option.

That said, the Windows 10 Build Overview widget is lacking anyway; it should be named Windows 10 Build Details. I get the desire to all the entire build number, but it's all over the place and is a perfect example of too much information equals out to be no worthwhile information at all.

The Windows 10 Build Overview should be restricted to version numbers. IE, Windows 10 1809, Windows 10 (1803), Windows 10 (1709). Not Windows 10 (10.0.15063.1446) and Windows 10 (10.0.15.63.608) etc. (It might even be more helpful is they were in number order)

-Kris
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
I can see and use it the normal way, it's just that Win 10 assets are not shown.
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
It has already worked on a previous v6 version.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
stiwa wrote:
It has already worked on a previous v6 version.

I did some digging, it seems there is a bug currently where you will not see the widget in the list of dashboard widgets if you are not an active helpdesk agent. If you log in with an account that is an Agent, you should be able to add it to a dashboard.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Derp, I just noticed he mentioned his version in the OP. I wasn't quite sure when these widgets were added/changed.
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
I'm on v. 6.0.230.49 and see it neither, although it was already listed.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you don't see it it's version related. Are you on the latest version?
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
I don't have the Windows 10 build overview widget. Unable to add it. I do see the *.aspx widget in the widgets folder, but something must be wrong with my install.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I think it's because Windows 10 does not have service packs anymore. It's better to use the Windows operating systems widget or the Windows 10 build overview widget instead.