cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
I keep running out of licenses due to the assets that are discovered from AD that are inactive (no contact with AD) but not yet disabled. Another department controls AD and they are behind with their regular cleanup (disable at 60/delete at 90 days inactivity). In SCCM there is a way to ignore these AD computer objects.

Any way to ignore these in scanning or delete during cleanup?
5 REPLIES 5
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a way to make a feature request for a future release?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I don't think this is retrieved for computers. For computers only state and Bitlocker recovery key were added.
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm checking out the new 7.2 version to see if it can determine last logon for computer AD objects.

I see this data for users - is it gathered for comptuters? If so, where can I find it?

Active Directory Audit Information - Last scanned: 09/05/2019 16:38:30

State: Enabled in AD
Last logon: 09/04/2019 21:40:10 (GMT)
Password last set: 07/19/2019 17:37:31 (GMT)

rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
The problem is they are discovered (in AD), scan is failing since they don't really exist, and they are consuming licenses. Active or inactive they appear to use a license. If they are cleaned up (manually or after xx days of inactivity) they are rediscovered on the next AD scan.

Need a way to NOT discover if inactive (but not disabled) in AD or inactive needs to NOT count against license.

Please.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Take a look at the asset cleanup options: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/performing-automated-database-cleanups/

If assets are inactive and not contacting the domain controller, Lansweeper should not scan then and you can configure the cleanup options to automatically change the asset's state or delete them.