Notification

Icon
Error

Internet explorer download issue - Internet Explorer won't let me download from trusted sites.

Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:39:28 AM(UTC)
CharlesNash

CharlesNash

Member Original PosterPosts: 3
I am a new 16 year old apprentice and I am trying to download an application (shoreware/Shoretel) that has been used throughout my company for years without fault on a new laptop. when I try and download it says 'for my security internet explorer blocked downloads from this site'. I added it to my trusted sites and it still has the same issue. any ideas on what it may be and how I might be able to download this? Thanks Anxious Angel Dancing
AZHockeyNut
#1AZHockeyNut Member Alpha Tester Posts: 236  
posted: 1/31/2018 3:59:38 PM(UTC)
Charles, Welcome to the club!
your IT department has settings which are blocking this most likely, start by asking your contact there to explain, perhaps it is policy, perhaps there is a reason they are set that way.

baring that, a bing/google search of the text of messages (in quotes often helps) can yield answers like this...

https://answers.microsof...aafb-efc7ea2a0e82?auth=1

when looking at search results, pay attention, some are Ads, some are less than reputable sources, etc.
Great start by coming here and asking. I would tell you there are other sites too with excellent communities to help.
CharlesNash
#2CharlesNash Member Original PosterPosts: 3  
posted: 1/31/2018 4:37:20 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the help!! I work for a fairly small company and me and my boss are the only IT guys. My boss was away for a few days and I wanted to get this sorted. It wasn't the policy preventing me from downloading unfortunately but I believe the link you have given may be the correct answer. fingers crossed. Angel
Ycereach
#3Ycereach Member Posts: 2  
posted: 8/8/2020 10:46:45 PM(UTC)
I also work for a young company and over the past couple of months we have introduced a lot of IT innovations. It was lucky that I came across this conversation, because a similar question arose, and I hope that now it will be possible to solve it.

Active Discussions

Report Center Hardware Inventory
by  Brandon  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 7:07:50 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Calls closed within SLA
by  TimHolmes1973   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 5:25:38 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report that ties O365 Group Member to Asset?
by  Chrisy Mullins  
Last post: Yesterday at 1:34:26 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Windows 10 Pro
by  dc74  
Last post: 4/9/2021 8:42:31 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Need Help Editing a Report
by  Tyler M.   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 4/9/2021 6:26:37 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Adding computer type to Windows 10 report
by  Brandon