cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
I tried to search for the proper process for migrating an existing LanSweeper instance from HTTP to HTTPS I only found one article that referenced MS article for just doing the standard IIS SSL bindings. I've generated the Certificate and created the http binding for the lansweeper website but I still get a 503 error when browsing to the site.

Are there any other configuration steps I need to complete to get this to work?

Thanks,
Nik
5 REPLIES 5
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
I found the problem... when configuring the SSL binding apparently the hostname and the URL used to access the website must match exactly. In my case I was using the relative name and trying to access with FQDN. Once I changed he hostname on the SSL binding to the FQDN it worked fine. I tested this by reverting it back to the Relative name and accessing the site with the relative name but was denied when I tried to access with FQDN.

Thanks,
Nik
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
Are there any configuration files that need to modified for LanSweeper to use SSL with IIS 6? As mentioned before I've configured the Binding for 443 and IIS is responding over the port but it doesn't appear as though LanSweeper is.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We have a guide for implementing SSL for IIS Express but unfortunately don't have one available for IIS. Do note though that the instructions for implementing SSL for Lansweeper will be the same as implementing SSL for any other website in IIS, most of the implementation will occur in IIS Manager, since you already have a certificate.
Thorlandus
Engaged Sweeper II
I think this only works for localhost. What if I want to use the IP?

Bruce.B wrote:
We have a guide for implementing SSL for IIS Express but unfortunately don't have one available for IIS. Do note though that the instructions for implementing SSL for Lansweeper will be the same as implementing SSL for any other website in IIS, most of the implementation will occur in IIS Manager, since you already have a certificate.

Todd
Engaged Sweeper III
Bruce.B wrote:

I have followed this guide that you speak of to configure SSL in IIS Express and each time I lock myself out of Lansweeper. Do you have customers that successfully get it to work following these instructions?