cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yvan
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, i'm having an issue with lenovo pc, lansweeper is able to get the Warranty date, but unable to get the purchase date not even for the newer ones, and i'm in the need of that info if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_W1
Engaged Sweeper
The purchase dates are not listed on the pages of the Lenovo website where we pull this information from. This explains why Lansweeper is not able to scan this information either. This is a problem with the Lenovo URLs we get the data from, not with Lansweeper itself.

For now, you'll need to manually add the purchase dates to the Lenovo assets, e.g. by hitting Edit Asset on an individual asset page.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
Had to get creative, but this should work to get the purchase date, if and only if:

• The warranty date is already populated
  • The warranty date minus x is the true purchase date
  • x = number of years the warranty is good for

DateAdd(YEAR, -x, tblAssetCustom.Warrantydate) As [Purchase Date]

And to put it in a year format, you can do this:

Cast(DateDiff(dd, (DateAdd(YEAR, -x, tblAssetCustom.Warrantydate)),
GetDate()) / 365.2425 As numeric(8,1)) As [Age (Years)]

Hopefully this helps someone.

Edit: Edited for clarity.
ryanjd93 wrote:
Had to get creative, but this should work to get the purchase date, if and only if the warranty date is already populated, the warranty date minus x is the true purchase date, and x = number of years the warranty is good for.

Is this a SQL query you are running on the database or in the report builder? I ma trying to get the purchase date info for all of the Lenovo's the company has as well. Our Dells of course auto populate the purchase date.
Doug Addison wrote:
ryanjd93 wrote:
Had to get creative, but this should work to get the purchase date, if and only if the warranty date is already populated, the warranty date minus x is the true purchase date, and x = number of years the warranty is good for.

Is this a SQL query you are running on the database or in the report builder? I ma trying to get the purchase date info for all of the Lenovo's the company has as well. Our Dells of course auto populate the purchase date.

I just used it in the reporting tool built in to Lansweeper. I set up a custom report with all pertinent information for system life-cycles.
And yeah, I went with Dell on the laptops that needed to be replaced.
Good luck!
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
I know this is an old post, but I have the same issue and just had a thought...

If the following is true:
[warranty end date] - [length of warranty] = [purchase date]

Then it's possible to do a custom report that will give us the information we need.
The only problem is if some devices are purchased with extended warranties, or anything outside of the standard 3 year that Lenovo provides. Is warranty length stored anywhere in Lansweeper? I couldn't find it, yet, when I click on an asset, it tells me that it has a three year warranty on it.

Regardless, in my case, every Lenovo has the default warranty. Just a matter of hard-coding the SQL query to subtract 3 years from the warranty end date to get the purchase date, or system age, for life-cycle purposes.
CVCO
Engaged Sweeper III
Would this work? Warranty Lookup
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, if Lenovo does not supply a method of retrieving this information, it is impossible for Lansweeper to display this. Other manufacturers either have an API or URLs which give back this information.
CVCO
Engaged Sweeper III
Anything we can suggest to Lenovo or Lansweeper support to address this? In v6.0.100.98 I'm looking at a few hundred Lenovos where it's populated correctly and several hundred others missing it. Purchase dates on those that do populate range from 2007-2015. Seeing success and unknowns mixed even within same model such as ThinkCentre M73. The quality of reporting that relies on this is degraded. Dells for comparison all still look good as usual. Manual entry is not a practical solution at this scale. Thanks
John_W1
Engaged Sweeper
The purchase dates are not listed on the pages of the Lenovo website where we pull this information from. This explains why Lansweeper is not able to scan this information either. This is a problem with the Lenovo URLs we get the data from, not with Lansweeper itself.

For now, you'll need to manually add the purchase dates to the Lenovo assets, e.g. by hitting Edit Asset on an individual asset page.