cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mghabel
Engaged Sweeper II
I am not entirely sure if this feature is already in place or not. I checked the beta version but couldn't find it.

I am currently using Spiceworks and I love the fact that when it receive a new case, it sends an email to all tech supports (agents). The first person that responds to the case will become the owner of that case.

Spiceworks also has tags that you can use in your email replies to direct the helpdesk system to do various tasks

#close --> closes the case
#Assign to me --> assigns the case to me
#Assign to Steve --> assigns the case to Steve
#add 20 min --> addes 20 minutes to case

we hardly login to the web interface to check or update cases. it's all done via our email.

Is it possible to have LanSweeper helpdesk to so behave the same?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
IT_Support4
Engaged Sweeper
Having same issue
mghabel
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I can't seem to get this to work. Under Outgoing email templates, I enabled Ticket Creation (sent to team Agents) but when helpdesk receives new cases, we don't receive any emails. How can I make this to work?

Another question. Is it possible to check for text in the body of the email and based on criteria, send ticket creation notifications to specific agents?

thanks,
Max

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You can enable outgoing email templates under Configuration\E-mail Settings to have agents automatically notified when a new ticket is submitted. Using tags to change ticket properties is not currently possible, but this feature is on our customer wish list.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now