cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
We are starting to use the after scan deployment to keep our standard software up to date (flash, java...). I noticed that with different adobe products such as updates to flash/reader/shockwave, the deployment doesn't wait. I get :
Result: Deployment ended: Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install

Normally when LS tried to run 2 deployments it says it waits 5 minutes to try again. With Adobe it doesn't and just bombs out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: ordinarily, Lansweeper waits 5 minutes to perform the second deployment if you run two deployments on the same machine at the same time. In this case however, the software referenced in the deployment package was internally deciding to stop its deployment, which is something we can do nothing about. Below is a copy of the email we sent to sullivane a couple of weeks ago.
Lansweeper isn't waiting 5 minutes because one of the software packages itself is stopping its deployment. There is nothing we can do about this. The package is likely stopping because the other package wrote an Inprogress value into the registry location below on the client machine. The only solution to your problem we can think of is to delete the Inprogress value from the registry key below. There is nothing we can change in our code to force your second package to proceed with the deployment after the completion of the first package, as the second package is internally deciding to stop.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Inprogress

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: ordinarily, Lansweeper waits 5 minutes to perform the second deployment if you run two deployments on the same machine at the same time. In this case however, the software referenced in the deployment package was internally deciding to stop its deployment, which is something we can do nothing about. Below is a copy of the email we sent to sullivane a couple of weeks ago.
Lansweeper isn't waiting 5 minutes because one of the software packages itself is stopping its deployment. There is nothing we can do about this. The package is likely stopping because the other package wrote an Inprogress value into the registry location below on the client machine. The only solution to your problem we can think of is to delete the Inprogress value from the registry key below. There is nothing we can change in our code to force your second package to proceed with the deployment after the completion of the first package, as the second package is internally deciding to stop.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Inprogress
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Thanks, I am already on 5.3.0.34. I'll drop an email 🙂
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure whether the deployment module fully supports running multiple deployments on the same machine at the same time. I know there were issues with simultaneous deployments in the past. If you haven't already, could you update to the latest Lansweeper release (5.3.0.34) by following these instructions and see if the issue persists. If it does, I would recommend contacting our development/support team directly at support@lansweeper.com