cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
The Lansweeper service scan server has some issues as the scanner seems to stop to work after few days it has started.
In this moment, for istance, I see this:

IP Scanning

Processing: 20
In queue: 49670

and

Windows computer scanning

Processing: 0
In queue: 142

Both scan are stuck on these values since a while and server RAM is growing and growing (Lansweeper Service is almost 9GB ... the virtual server has 16GB).

If I stop the service and start it again, in few days I will have the same situation.

Can you please help?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just as an FYI for everyone else: paprita doesn't appear to have submitted a support ticket regarding this issue, but forum user yelk did. From the troubleshooting we did, it appears the issue was caused by WMI corruption on some of the user's Windows computers. WMI is a framework built into Windows operating systems, which we pull most Windows computer data from. If WMI is corrupt, the computer cannot be scanned and may get stuck in the queue until Lansweeper can abort the scan request. You can repair WMI on the affected client machines to resolve the issue, by following these instructions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just as an FYI for everyone else: paprita doesn't appear to have submitted a support ticket regarding this issue, but forum user yelk did. From the troubleshooting we did, it appears the issue was caused by WMI corruption on some of the user's Windows computers. WMI is a framework built into Windows operating systems, which we pull most Windows computer data from. If WMI is corrupt, the computer cannot be scanned and may get stuck in the queue until Lansweeper can abort the scan request. You can repair WMI on the affected client machines to resolve the issue, by following these instructions.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If this issue persists in the latest Lansweeper release, could you put your scanning service in debug mode by following these instructions, wait for the issue to occur again and then send the following information to support@lansweeper.com:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the problem processes in your Task Manager.
  • Screenshot of the following Lansweeper webpage: http://yourservername:9524/
    Replace yourservername with the name of your own Lansweeper server.
yelk
Engaged Sweeper
Same issue here (incl. "autorecovery" at morning).

Have 2 LS instances, a small one and a large one (~8000 Windows hosts among other assets). The issue appers only in the large instance and only while the scan queue is long.

Just updated to 5.3.0.25 but there were no related entries in the changelog.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
There is an update: this morning the scan service is up again (with no intervention of anyone), working correctly, a bit more of 6GB of used RAM.
Can you help in understanding why this happened? Should I expect it will happen again?

Thanks