cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichGK
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a better way that I can use the graphical editor to build reports?

The page refreshes constantly whenver you click on anything and causes tables to jump about on the tiny window that is available to link tables together.

Often I end up in a situation where the tables have all grouped on top of each other off the top of the page and cannot be seen.

What are others doing to work around this (not great) feature?

Thanks,
Rich.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
@RichGK: Which browser and which version are you using? You might test another browser as suggested by jprateragg. Also be sure to update your Lansweeper installation to the latest version available on our website. The report editor is a default SQL report editor. Certainly it is a bit uncomfortable if the web console performance is slow, but we can't reproduce the issues you are describing.

For all who regularly create reports, we recommend learning a bit of SQL. This allows you to easily create more complex queries and if necessary directly modify the SQL code instead of working through the GUI of the report editor and always waiting several seconds after changing anything. As long as you keep your cursor in the SQL code area, no refresh will occur on the GUI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichGK
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

Apologies for not replying sooner I think your suggestion to learn more SQL is a good one or even a third party tool. Many thanks.

Rich.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
@RichGK: Which browser and which version are you using? You might test another browser as suggested by jprateragg. Also be sure to update your Lansweeper installation to the latest version available on our website. The report editor is a default SQL report editor. Certainly it is a bit uncomfortable if the web console performance is slow, but we can't reproduce the issues you are describing.

For all who regularly create reports, we recommend learning a bit of SQL. This allows you to easily create more complex queries and if necessary directly modify the SQL code instead of working through the GUI of the report editor and always waiting several seconds after changing anything. As long as you keep your cursor in the SQL code area, no refresh will occur on the GUI.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
i use navicat 11 premium to play around with sql queries. that way I can see results right away instead keep going back and forth in report..
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I've never had this problem. What browser are you using? I'm using the latest version of Chrome (version 44).