cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronAnderson
Engaged Sweeper
Fresh install. I get this error when accessing the webpage.

There are also asp.net errors in the event log. see quoted info below

Server Error in '/lansweeper32' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 1/14/2009
Time: 10:44:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: APP
Description:
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/14/2009 10:44:04 AM
Event time (UTC): 1/14/2009 3:44:04 PM
Event ID: c751ae4414cf45da9d61ad13198fc10c
Event sequence: 1
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/w3svc/1/Root/lansweeper32-1-128764214440834001
Trust level:
Application Virtual Path: /lansweeper32
Application Path: C:\Program Files\lansweeper32\website\
Machine name: APP

Process information:
Process ID: 7732
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Unable to read the security policy file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.

Request information:
Request URL: http://app/lansweeper32/default.aspx
Request path: /lansweeper32/default.aspx
User host address: 192.168.1.58
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 1
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetTrustLevel(TrustSection trustSection, SecurityPolicySection securityPolicySection)
at System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest to reinstall dotnet framework + service packs.
Afterwards run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" to install the framework on IIS.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx
AaronAnderson
Engaged Sweeper
It's server 2003 R2, so it has the option to install sharepoint services 2.0.... it is not currently installed, but i think i installed and removed it at some point.

So it may have been there in the past, but it's not now.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
From what I can find on google : This error is often caused by sharepoint services on the same webserver.
Is this the case?
AaronAnderson
Engaged Sweeper
Gives me:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to read the security policy file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to read the security policy file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to read the security policy file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetTrustLevel(TrustSection trustSection, SecurityPolicySection securityPolicySection) +467
System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags) +252

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to read the security policy file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3465427
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +69
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +279

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try replacing with this file please.
Then restart your iis services and try again.
AaronAnderson
Engaged Sweeper
http://absremote.com/aaron/web.config.zip
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Sorry, but you are the first ever with this problem.

Could you attach the web.config file to your post please (so I can download it)
AaronAnderson
Engaged Sweeper
This is all it gives me. Thoughts?

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You don't need to restart the service, just browse to the website (from the server where it's installed) to see a better error.