cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Here's a script that can be run to popup a window where you can enter the computer name to have the monitor serial number and model pulled up. I tried to get it to populate the computer name automaticaly but I couldnt figure it out. It starts with the local pc name in the box... but it works. If anyone can get it to work with the remote computer name than that would be great.

Edit: Monitor serial number scanning is now available in Lansweeper 4.0 download from here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dprzybycien wrote:
This is an amazing script! However, after poking around in the code, it seems that we should be able to batch this out, to say poll every computer on the domain, and then have it compile a CSV with all the monitor info for each Host. I cannot figure out for the life of me the proper way command line arguments to make this work. Any and all help would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks!
-Drew

Monitor serial number is in the latest version of Lansweeper, you can download it from http://www.lansweeper.com/download.aspx

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
nachoman
Engaged Sweeper
This seems like a really good script, but I don't have access to run scripts over the lan. Is there a way to find the monitor serial number at the pc? The users always have crap strewn about on there desks and monitors, so it's a chore to flip the monitor over to get the serial number.
I know there is a dos command to retrieve the pc name & serial number (wmic csproduct get name & wmic bios get serialnumber). Is there a dos command for monitor serial number? Or something I can type into the "run" selection of the start menu?

Thanks for the help...

Nachoman
dprzybycien
Engaged Sweeper
This is an amazing script! However, after poking around in the code, it seems that we should be able to batch this out, to say poll every computer on the domain, and then have it compile a CSV with all the monitor info for each Host. I cannot figure out for the life of me the proper way command line arguments to make this work. Any and all help would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks!
-Drew
dprzybycien wrote:

Thanks!
-Drew

Monitor serial number is in the latest version of Lansweeper, you can download it from http://www.lansweeper.com/download.aspx
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this utility from nirsoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/monitor_info_view.html

/remotefile <Computers List File>
Allows you to connect multiple computers, and view all their monitors information in one window. The computers list file should be a simple Ascii text file with computer names separated by colon, semicolon, space, tab characters or CRLF.
For Example:
MonitorInfoView.exe /remotefile "c:\temp\comp-list.txt"
hatchuk
Engaged Sweeper
This is a really nice script .. thanks very much!

My colleague has asked if its possible to find a monitor on the network that has 'gone missing', so I wonder if there is a way to adapt this script to check each workstation & list the information in Excel format or something?

If anyone has any ideas it would be great.
Ista
Engaged Sweeper
adding the ability to export it to excel would be very nice
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
This works much better, I like the layout and the fact it will ask you what PC name if you run it solo.

This also works for 2 monitors just fine.

Great job
sundarrs
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Abueg,
This script works.
Is there a way you can make the details added in excel.

It will be nice if this gets displayed withing the machine query.

Sundar R S
abueg
Engaged Sweeper
I changed the code a little bit to make the Custom Action output the same as manually running the script. This also shows multiple monitors in 1 dialog box.

Custom action command:
"\\server\folder\monitorinfo.vbs" {computer}

I hope this works for you.