cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Blunden
Engaged Sweeper
Need to push MSAccess 2016 runtime.
Followed https://silentinstallhq.com/microsoft-access-2016-runtime-silent-install-how-to-guide/
But I keep on getting Result: Deployment ended: This operation is not enabled on this platform.
I have tried installer and command to get it on.
Installer with - {PackageShare}\Installers\accessruntime16\setup.exe
and parameter /config Access2016RT.xml
Any idea what i am doing wrong please?
3 REPLIES 3
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
One more thing that I have had issues with. Right click on setup.exe and left click on properties. Look at the bottom of the properties page that opens. Is there an unblock button at the bottom? If so click it and try the deployment again. I have seen this on some files that I have downloaded from the Internet.

Also run the command from a command line to make sure it works. It may give a hint if something is incorrect in your syntax of the command. You will have to use \\servername\sharename\setup.exe /config \\servername\sharename\Access2016RT.xml instead of {packageshare}\....
Richard_Blunden
Engaged Sweeper
Result: Deployment ended: Unknown error (0x7565)
Different error. Still no joy 😞
Good idea though, hadn't thought of that one. I put the /config and path in the parameters section. I guess that SHOULD work even trid with and without " " on it.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Try something like this: {PackageShare}\Installers\accessruntime16\setup.exe /config {PackageShare}\Installers\Access2016RT.xml

You will need to copy the .xml file to the package share along with the setup.exe file.