cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stadtwerder
Engaged Sweeper
Hello to all,

I've got a problem using lansweeper to scan our exchange server.

The lansweeper scans the exchange server and finds the AD description, the AD groups (Exchange Server) and also the services - such as "Microsoft Exchange-Transport" and so on.

But the dashboard shows no Exchange Server. As you can see on the attached image.

I also tried the "Scan Test Tool" and the Exchange Server was scanned succesfully.
The only thing is that the ExchangeLegacyServerRole is not set.

Has anyone an idea?

Thx
6 REPLIES 6
phcg2509
Engaged Sweeper
Oliver Katte - Stadt Werder wrote:
Hello to all,

I've got a problem using lansweeper to scan our exchange server.

The lansweeper scans the exchange server and finds the AD description, the AD groups (Exchange Server) and also the services - such as "Microsoft Exchange-Transport" and so on.

But the dashboard shows no Exchange Server. As you can see on the attached image.

I also tried the "Scan Test Tool" and the Exchange Server was scanned succesfully.
The only thing is that the ExchangeLegacyServerRole is not set.

Has anyone an idea?

Thx

It seems that a permission account such as domain admins or exchange admins is needed to successfully scan
morrisj_dcu
Engaged Sweeper
Oliver,
Were you ever able to get a resolution? I am having the same issue.
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,

Although it is maybe not clearly mentioned in the documentation, both the Exchange server and Domain Controller need to meet the Powershell requirements that are mentioned in this KB article:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/scanning-exchange-server-mailboxes/
Man-in-Black
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same problem and hope for an answer.
stadtwerder
Engaged Sweeper
I followed also these instructions:

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/scanning-exchange-server-mailboxes/

--------------- The Debug-Log:

2020-07-16 12:35:17,292 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Connecting using credential: Global Windows for target EXCHANGE-SERVER.Domain.local.
2020-07-16 12:35:17,292 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Getting connected domain controller for target EXCHANGE-SERVER.Domain.local.
2020-07-16 12:35:18,964 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Connecting using credential: Global Windows for target SVWDC01.Domain.local.
2020-07-16 12:35:18,964 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Getting connected domain controller for target EXCHANGE-SERVER.Domain.local.
2020-07-16 12:36:00,989 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Executing script failed
2020-07-16 12:36:00,989 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG Asset with FQDN 'EXCHANGE-SERVER.Domain.local' not found in Exchange server list.
2020-07-16 12:36:00,989 [DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1] INFO LOGEXCHANGESCANNING DEBUG DOMAIN\EXCHANGE-SERVER\1 is not found in the domain's Exchange server list

---------------------Powershell:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-ExecutionPolicy
RemoteSigned

Same issue and log results.

Exhange in Hybrid mode.

Any solution/tip ?