cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexP
Engaged Sweeper
One of the reasons we're interested in using lsAgent is for laptop fleets. These laptops don't regularly connect to the office network, so scanning centrally on an interval won't always find them. The cloud relay service solves this problem neatly, however in order to install the lsAgent on the laptops (and update the agent with new releases), it seems the best way is to push the software via GPO. This way, all the laptops will eventually receive the agent the next time the user is in the office. Providing an MSI version of the installer will make it easier for us to deploy the agent automatically via GPO. We'd need MST support to be able to specify the unique relay key / server name / port numbers of course.

Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
khancock
Engaged Sweeper II
TTT - this should be the default in a IT product today. The fact that it's not a kind of sad.....
ethanthekiwi
Engaged Sweeper II
I wrote up a step by step guide on how to use MSI Wrapper to create an installer for the Lansweeper agent if anyone needs help with that https://ethanthekiwi.wordpress.com/2020/04/25/deploy-lansweeper-agent-with-an-msi-and-group-policy/
kari_hyvonen
Engaged Sweeper
Any update on this one? We'd like to move from lspush to lsagent, but not having a msi-package is currently holding us back.
sandro00
Engaged Sweeper
UP!

mhammond
Champion Sweeper
AlexP wrote:
One of the reasons we're interested in using lsAgent is for laptop fleets. These laptops don't regularly connect to the office network, so scanning centrally on an interval won't always find them. The cloud relay service solves this problem neatly, however in order to install the lsAgent on the laptops (and update the agent with new releases), it seems the best way is to push the software via GPO. This way, all the laptops will eventually receive the agent the next time the user is in the office. Providing an MSI version of the installer will make it easier for us to deploy the agent automatically via GPO. We'd need MST support to be able to specify the unique relay key / server name / port numbers of course.

Thanks!

+1000 to this. We are working on expanding asset management globally and having an MSI to deploy via GPO would be a tremendous help vs. going to each PC and installing manually.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'll try and get to it, but it won't be an official KB article since it's not officially in Lansweeper or supported. From what I can see its not too difficult but I haven't had the time to experiment with it yet.
Lakatta
Engaged Sweeper III
We created the msi using https://www.exemsi.com. Another product we are using had instructions for creating the msi using the free version. So, we just tried it for the lsagent and it worked. We use it for the laptops we do not have on site.

Azuroth
Engaged Sweeper III
Having an MSI would be great. For I'm trying to figure out how to deploy to the 300+ laptops that I have.
David_Goodwin
Engaged Sweeper II
We are using the .exe with the same command line options and it's working perfectly.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now