cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick_Montgomery
Engaged Sweeper
I am migrating our helpdesk service from Spiceworks to Lansweeper. One feature we use all the time in Spiceworks is the auto assignment of a ticket to the first agent who responds to the ticket via email.

In Lansweeper I have enabled the auto assign feature and the "auto assign ticket to agent adding first note". When testing this the ticket does not automatically assign to the agent when the agent responds via email. I can confirm in the ticket conversation that the email response is received as the first public note.

I read on one of the forum postings regarding auto response emails that the public note will only trigger automated responses if it is entered via the webconsole. Email responses while added as public notes do not trigger actions for auto response.

Is this true and the root of my issue where auto assignment will not work when the agent replies via email and that reply is the first public note? If so, how do I overcome this? Can I add some sort of filter rules/actions to enable the auto assignment ability?
13 REPLIES 13
rbj
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Chad,

Sorry for my lack on knowledge. But can you please help me to apply this script. Im also running my db as sqlexpress. Where and how do run the script.

Thanks in advance.
Rasmus
seand
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok I figured it out, I added in -d to specify the LS database and now the batch file successfully runs the SQL script!
seand
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for sharing the SQL script. I run into the error below. Any thoughts? Since I am running on Express I did the following batch file, which works from a query.

sqlcmd -S ServerName\SQLEXPRESS -E -i AssignByEmailResponse.sql

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Server ServerName\SQLEXPRESS, Line 8
Invalid object name 'htblhistory'.
cstief
Engaged Sweeper
I was annoyed that this was not possible, also, if you reply via email the notifications for that ticket will stop sending even though no one is assigned. So, I tackled this issue and have written a work around that will update and create a few lines that will assign the agent and also work with our email that sends when a ticket is assigned. Feel free to use it or let me know if there are any issues with it.

We have this job running once every minute.

* I kept having issues with a BB Format issue, so I just attached the code in a file.
cpletcher
Engaged Sweeper II
Chad S. wrote:
I was annoyed that this was not possible, also, if you reply via email the notifications for that ticket will stop sending even though no one is assigned. So, I tackled this issue and have written a work around that will update and create a few lines that will assign the agent and also work with our email that sends when a ticket is assigned. Feel free to use it or let me know if there are any issues with it.

* I kept having issues with a BB Format issue, so I just attached the code in a file.

Chad,
Would you be able to point me in the right direction on where to and or how to add this to our Lansweeper SQL server? I am currently using Microsoft SQL server 2019. (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18)
I have tried to find where it needs to be placed, and I guess I either got confused or turned around somewhere. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you,
Casey

Edit: Disregard. I figured it out. Thanks for the SQL script! works like a charm.
Edit2: Well as well as it was working once implemented, we have noticed that it will only Assign an Agent if you are the one that opened the ticket. If someone else opens a ticket and you respond, it will not auto assign. Any ideas?
cpletcher
Engaged Sweeper II
Casey Pletcher wrote:
Chad S. wrote:

Chad,
Would you be able to point me in the right direction on where to and or how to add this to our Lansweeper SQL server? I am currently using Microsoft SQL server 2019. (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18)
I have tried to find where it needs to be placed, and I guess I either got confused or turned around somewhere. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you,
Casey

Edit: Disregard. I figured it out. Thanks for the SQL script! works like a charm.
Edit2: Well as well as it was working once implemented, we have noticed that it will only Assign an Agent if you are the one that opened the ticket. If someone else opens a ticket and you respond, it will not auto assign. Any ideas?

Or if there is any other option/script to resolve this issue that would be great. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to get it to work and auto assign when a ticket is responded to, but it only works when you send in the initial email, then reply back to it. If another user sends in an email, and then you reply to it, it does not assign you to the ticket. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Elwood472
Engaged Sweeper II
Just adding that I'd like to see this feature added too. We still have agents replying via Outlook and replies are only seen when going to the web interface. We really need this option.

Is there any workaround?
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
The auto assign currently only works for public notes added through the web interface. The possibility to auto assign when the agent replies via email has been added to the feature request list.
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
Going off of this post: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst16258_Help-Desk-No-Longer-Receiving-Feature-Updates.aspx#post54705

It looks as though we are looking elsewhere for a Helpdesk solution. The unfortunate part about this is that LS is vastly superior for what we use outside of the Helpdesk portion of it to everything else we've looked at. Spiceworks' Helpdesk has spoiled us. If only SW and LS had a love child...